Sunday, September 2, 2012

Amusing Ourselves to Death

In the first chapter of "Amusing Ourselves to Death", the author states the book is going to revolve around the rise of television and the fall of typography. He goes into detail about how this shift in media has and is going to affect everyone in the future. He believes that the rise of technology in the media is going to greatly affect how everyone gets information, processes it, and then uses it. I'm not quite sure if he thinks this is a good thing or not at this point in the book. Postman stated the positives and negatives of both types of media and didn't seem to favor one over the other.
I honestly wasn't extremely intrigued by the first chapter, so hopefully the book will start to pick up from this point. He didn't shock me with any of the claims he made or any of the findings he made regarding the subject. So I hope that the book becomes more interesting as I continue to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment