Sunday, September 2, 2012

Media Response #1

When we watched "The Newsroom" in class the other day, it was the first that I had seen an episode of it. I've heard of it before and was intrigued by the concept, but I never got the chance to sit down and actually watch it. I found an article that discusses the plans for a 2nd season despite some negative reviews from critics. Most of the negative reviews attacked the fact that the show was extremely exaggerated and did not do a good job of representing what it is like to be in a newsroom. Although the show may be very realistic, how many shows are realistic? If that's the only qualm they were able to find with the show, then those critics are not qualified to do their jobs. Almost every TV program exaggerates certain aspects of it's show, so therefore every critic should point that out in all of their reviews. Even though I only saw small parts of one episode, I enjoyed it and might try to go out and see the rest of the first season. Hopefully the plans for another season don't fall through because I believe this show is pretty informative as well as entertaining.

 http://articles.philly.com/2012-08-27/news/33403568_1_aaron-sorkin-newsroom-critic-pans

No comments:

Post a Comment